My room mate showed me this video a few days ago. At first, I just thought it was a weird fellow, doing what a lot of folks do on YouTube. I could tell I really liked the music, but it was just a guy dancing a silly dance in cities from all over the world.
Then I got to the part of the show where the folks ran into the picture, and I finally got it. Folks were happy, laughing, enjoying the commonality of really bad dancing. Everybody wanted to dance. Hell, I even think that guard in the demilitarized zone in Korea really just wanted to dance, but couldn't.
I've watched the video dozens of times at this point, trying to pick out individual people (some of them have really good moves). My favorite parts:
- The guy from Stockholm, Sweden, standing to the far right... sort of Matt meets Riverdance.
- The guy standing next to Matt in Thimphu, Bhutan. He's totally got the moves down and is really pleased with himself.
- The dancers from Gurgaon, India. It's the only spot where Matt changes his "spaghetti noodle" dance to match their movements.
- The four girls from Tokyo Japan.
- The whales from Vava'u, Tonga (I believe they're whales).
- The guy from Paris, France ... he's the one in the front, with the beard, a white T-shirt. Serious moves.