I didn't think I'd enjoy yet another Superman movie. I didn't enjoy Superman Returns back in 2006. But I enjoyed Man of Steel.
- I'm thankful the story didn't go through Clark Kent's childhood. The movie did start on Krypton as they launched Superman into space, but the way it happened was interesting. Superman's childhood was handle through flashbacks, which I liked.
- I liked the fact that Lois Lane knew who Superman was from the very beginning. No goofy-glasses-as-desguise plot lines.
- There were odd Christian themes. There was a Son, a Father and a Holy Ghost (of sorts), and both fathers make the ultimate sacrifice to send their only son to save the Earth. There also was a scene where Jor-El sends Superman into battle -- "You can save them... you can save all of them..." and then Superman's body makes a suspended cross in space before the battle begins.
- Probably the biggest surprise, for me, came at the end. Superman killed somebody. Yes, it was his arch nemesis, and Zod totally deserved it, but still. Superman has never killed before.
- We were expecting an Easter Egg at the end, maybe setting up the Justice League movies to come, but there were none.